tagboat GALLERY is pleased to present Kamihasami solo show”Imaginary World”.
May.3,2022 – May.23 , 2022
Open hours : 11:00-20:00 MON-SUN
HANKYU MEN’S TOKYO 7F 2-5-1 YURAKU-CHO,CHIIYODA-KU,TOKYO 100-848
We are pleased to announce “Imaginary World,” a solo exhibition by contemporary artist Kamihasami at the tagboat gallery space on the 7th floor of Hankyu MEN’S TOKYO in Ginza, Tokyo.
Kamihasami is fascinated by the texture of paper and the gentle shadows it casts when illuminated by light. His works, created from his desire to “create something exciting,” express the world of dioramas he grew up with in his childhood using paper. The excellent designs can be enjoyed by both adults and children.
The exquisite handiwork begins with hand-drawn sketches, and once the shape has been determined to some extent, it is converted to data using a computer. Parts are cut out using a cutter knife and scissors, and finished in three dimensions using wood glue. Then, the color and thickness of the paper are changed for each part, and minute adjustments are repeated on a scale of less than one millimeter.
We will exhibit and sell works that highlight the fine details created by the softness of paper, such as the “typography house” series, in which you can easily enjoy Kamihasami’s view of the world from a single character, and the new “Iro House” series.
Please come and see these simple yet impactful paper sculptures that stimulate our imagination.
– Aug. 2019 Independent Tokyo (Asakusabashi / Tokyo)
– Nov. 2019 Sibuya style (Shibuya / Seibu Shibuya)
– Dec. 2019 Emerging Tokyo (New York / tagboat)
– Dec. 2019 Art Liberation Zone (Daikanyama / tagboat)
– Sep. 2020 SICF21 (Aoyama / Spiral)
– Dec. 2020 Art Show (Hamamatsu-cho / tagboat)
– Mar. 2021 Tagboat Art Fair (Hamamatsu-cho / tagboat)
– Mar. 2021 Art Liberation Ward Nihonbashi (Nihonbashi / tagboat)
– Jly. 2021 TAGBOAT ART SHOW (Ginza Hankyu Mens Tokyo / tagboat)
– Dec. 2021 CORE part2 (Ginza Hankyu Mens Tokyo / tagboat)
– Mar. 2022 Tagboat Art Fair (Hamamatsu-cho / tagboat)
And many other exhibitions
– Nov.2016 Kamiwaza Grand Prize, Oji F-Tech
– Dec.2019 Independent Tokyo
– Jly. 2017 DESIGN CODE (TV Asahi)
– Aug. 2021 Kinkikids no Boom Boom (Fuji TV)